Master of Fine Arts candidate in Graphic Design (Interactive Design track)
University of Minnesota–Twin Cities • September 2012 – May 2016
Moving Image Media Studies minor
- 2015 Student Design & Scholarship Excellence award recipient.
- 2014 Student Design & Scholarship Excellence award recipient.
Bachelor of Science in Studio Art (Graphic Design)
Bradley University • August, 2000 – May, 2001
Bachelor of Science in Studio Art (Drawing)
Bachelor of Arts in English (Writing)
Bradley University • June, 1992 – December, 1996
Creative Writing minor
Recent Work Experience
For my full employment history, visit my LinkedIn page.
Chase Sequence LLC (self-employed) • January, 2003 – present
- Freelance design, print production, retouching, animation and illustration for a variety of clients and publications. Clients include the LT Media Lab at the University of Minnesota, Land O’Lakes, Upshot, Franke+Fiorella, YMCA, United, Commonground Marketing, WorldTravel Meetings & Incentives, ReviverSoft, Golin-Harris, and Edelman.
- Experienced with video editing, 2D animation, illustration, motion graphics, book design and production (print and ebooks), packaging, POP displays, out-of-home, direct mail, brochures, posters, logo design and more.
University of Minnesota–Twin Cities • Fall 2016
- Grade assignments, lecture (via videos), and develop course materials introducing the Adobe Creative Suite to prospective College of Design majors for the online DES2101 Design and Visual Presentation.
Graduate Instructor/Research Assistant
University of Minnesota–Twin Cities • Spring 2012 – Spring 2016
- Shot and edited video interviews on the Design Graduate program as a graduate assistant for Dr. Bye (Spring 2016).
- Graded assignments, lectured, and developed course materials introducing the Adobe Creative Suite to prospective College of Design majors as graduate instructor for the online DES2101 Design and Visual Presentation with Jessica Harjo and Dr. Sauman Chu (Fall 2015).
- Graded assignments, lectured, and lead discussions and critiques as graduate instructor for DES1311 Foundations I: Drawing & Design (Spring 2013 – Spring 2015).
- Wrote, produced and edited video content for a massive open online course (MOOC) as a research assistant for Dr. Hokanson (Summer 2013 – Summer 2014), currently offered on Coursera.
- Wrote, reviewed literature, and collected & analyzed data for a research paper on the semiotics of design elements in video games as a research assistant for Dr. Sauman Chu (Summer 2014 – Summer 2015).
Graduate Teaching Assistant
University of Minnesota–Twin Cities • Fall 2012
- Graded assignments, lead discussions of course readings, and otherwise assisted Dr. Brad Hokanson as a teaching assistant for two sections of DES1111 Creative Problem Solving (Fall 2012).
Production Artist (full-time freelance)
National Geographic School Publishing • October, 2007 – February, 2010
- Print production and illustration work for a range of packaging, textbooks, and supplemental materials.
- Cover and packaging concept work and development for NGSP’s award-winning National Geographic Science grade 4–5 program.
Digital Artist (October, 2006 – September, 2007)
Graphic Artist (August, 2005 – October, 2006)
Upshot • August, 2005 – September, 2007
- Digital production/pre-press work on in-store signage, posters, out-of-home, and a wide variety of print products, for Miller Brewing Company, Disney Vacation Club, Procter & Gamble, Finish Line, and other accounts.
- Create illustrations and retouch, color correct and/or composite photographs to art director and client instructions.
- Prepare file mechanicals for release to print vendors using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or other applications as needed.
- Expert skills in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat Pro (through CC 2017).
- Strong knowledge of Final Cut Pro X, Flash/Animate CC, Microsoft Office, HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of Motion and After Effects.
- Strong knowledge of printing methods, digital prepress, dielines & templates, typographic conventions and color management.